Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Joy of Love Workshop: FREE!!!!

I joined a free workshop called Joy of Love where we take the 28 days in February to capture images of our loved ones (family, room mates, pets, etc.). Each day you receive an assignment and a small tutorial! Want to join me? It's totally FREE!!! Workshops are usually at least a couple hundred dollars, so this is a steal! It's a great way to stretch ourselves in the way we photograph the ones we love and how we tell their story! We're only on day 2 and it is not too late to join!!! You can sign up here to learn from the incredibly talented Willette Designs. Join me in capturing our loved ones this month!

Here are my first two assignments:
Our first assignment was to capture what they "do": Miranda loves to dress herself and brush her teeth. Shortly after her bath she went to her room and told me to "stop" as I was trying to pick out an outfit for her to wear. She proceeded to put a pair of panties on top of her diaper, a pair of pajama pants, a pair of pajama shorts and another pair of panties on. She also put Brianna's socks on and chose a pajama shirt! This is how she wanted to greet the world that day....so we stayed home!!! :) This child absolutley LOVES to brush her teeth, so those were the pictures I shared for the assignment on day 1.


For day 2 the assignment was to photograph how they "look" (Note: each assignment does not have to be of the same person/people). Brianna wasn't feeling great today so I had a hard time getting a look from her that didn't look sick and tired. Instead of trying to go for a "pretty" shot which she always gives me in photoshoots I decided to do an "emotions photoshoot." She always loves that and I have a great time watching her! So, I threw out emotions and she posed with her interpretation of them! My assignment for day 2 was her "looks" Tomorrow's assignment is "then and now" and I'm still not sure what I want to do yet.....guess we'll see! I'll continue to post my assignments every few days, if you join in please let me know and I'd love to see your pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment